Side mount

For our international members and guests
v.saint007
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Re: Side mount

Beitragvon v.saint007 » So, 18. Mai 2014, 8:12

I have a question on the regulators......I have a aqualung legend LX supreme with Legend 2nd stage and legend Octo and Apeks DST 1st stage. Don't want to invest in another set of regs. Any serious disadvantage in using these for sidemount apart from servicing and cosmetic issues? Will the performance difference be noticeable?
Using Tapatalk

Fox
Danksagung erhalten: 250 Mal

Beitragvon Fox » So, 18. Mai 2014, 21:58

v.saint007 hat geschrieben:I have a question on the regulators......I have a aqualung legend LX supreme with Legend 2nd stage and legend Octo and Apeks DST 1st stage. Don't want to invest in another set of regs. Any serious disadvantage in using these for sidemount apart from servicing and cosmetic issues? Will the performance difference be noticeable?

The Legend LX Supreme first stage and the Apeks DST are very similar and both use the same intermediate pressure of 9-10 bar. According to my personal experience, your Legend Octopus will work just fine on the Apeks DST as it would on the Legend LX Supreme first stage. There won't be any difference in performance if the regulators are tuned correctly.

The only difference between the Octopus and the primary second stage, other than cosmetic differences, will be the missing dial to tune the breathing resistance. In my opinion this is not really a disadvantage. If the Octopus second stage ist properly set up, it will perform just as well as the "main" second stage..

Oliver

v.saint007
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitragvon v.saint007 » So, 18. Mai 2014, 22:18

Thanks very much. Saves me a lot of money that I can use for proper training.
Using Tapatalk

Martin
Sidemount-Forum Team
Sidemount-Forum Team
Tauchgänge: 1060
Ausbildung: SSI DMI, PADI MSDT, CMAS 3*
Sidemount-System: Razor 2
Danksagung erhalten: 113 Mal

Beitragvon Martin » Mo, 19. Mai 2014, 13:10

Please note that next to the technical details where I would say nakatomi is totally right there might be legal issues in some countries or problems you might get with your diving insurance.

But I cannot tell you much details as all of this stuff you hear are mostly rumours. Everybody tells a bit different.
Sidemount-Tauchen und Sidemount-Forum - Erlebe den Unterschied

Bild

Tauche seit: 2001
Tauchausrüstung: Razor 2, Bare Trilam Tech Dry Crotch bzw Bare Elastek 7mm, Apeks DST/TX50 und CTX40/ATX40, Scubapro Galileo G2, 2*10L/200bar Alu, 2*10L/200bar Stahl...

Fox
Danksagung erhalten: 250 Mal

Beitragvon Fox » Mo, 19. Mai 2014, 14:56

Martin hat geschrieben:Please note that next to the technical details where I would say nakatomi is totally right there might be legal issues in some countries or problems you might get with your diving insurance.

But I cannot tell you much details as all of this stuff you hear are mostly rumours. Everybody tells a bit different.

Technically you even lose all warranty for your regs by adding 3rd party hoses like Miflex or a 3rd party mouthpiece.
I had some interesting conversations with Apeks about this.
Also the testing for CE is always done with one first stage and one second stage, both with the factory delivered hose.
Adding an Octopus will technically void the CE, as would other modifications like using a 3rd party longhose.
Towards the end of our conversation, I asked them why adding pressure gauges from different manufacturers didn't void the warranty, that couldn't be answered :)
When it comes to the insurance, as long as you configure and use your gear properly, I don't see any issues with that.
I personally do not worry at all about this and do my own regulator servicing to. If in doubt, just ask the insurance.

Oliver

Martin
Sidemount-Forum Team
Sidemount-Forum Team
Tauchgänge: 1060
Ausbildung: SSI DMI, PADI MSDT, CMAS 3*
Sidemount-System: Razor 2
Danksagung erhalten: 113 Mal

Beitragvon Martin » Mo, 19. Mai 2014, 15:03

Thank you for this insight view into the discussion with Apeks. ;-) I believe you everything. Which in principle is unbelievable... :-(

Yes, because of insurance stuff I brought this up here. That it is said ans everybody is aware.
Sidemount-Tauchen und Sidemount-Forum - Erlebe den Unterschied

Bild

Tauche seit: 2001
Tauchausrüstung: Razor 2, Bare Trilam Tech Dry Crotch bzw Bare Elastek 7mm, Apeks DST/TX50 und CTX40/ATX40, Scubapro Galileo G2, 2*10L/200bar Alu, 2*10L/200bar Stahl...

Zurück zu „English Discussion“